- Join us to have a voice in how our campaigns move forward.
- Launch a vision for building a stronger Justice United, where we connect even more fully across our divides.
- We suggest every group send 5-15 leaders to the evaluation.
It's time to evaluate our campaigns to ensure we continue to see real results for mental health, affordable housing, criminal justice. At the same time, we need to invest in our own Justice United membership. Many new, talented members came in or stepped up into new roles during these campaigns. We now have an opportunity to build an even more powerful organization, capable of making even more changes in our community, by connecting new and long-time leaders across our member groups, across divides.
Your Guide to the June 15 Evaluation + Next Steps Meeting
1) Timing and parking? Please arrive a few minutes early to get seated for a 7 pm start. You can park in the Piney Grove paved front lot as well as the lot on the left side (as you face the front of the church).
2) What's the purpose? To evaluate our three current campaigns (Mental Health, Criminal Justice, and Affordable Housing) and our own capacity and potential as an organization. We'll then propose next steps.
3) Can I get a preview of the proposal for next steps? Yes! Some of the next steps will be determined by our evaluation, but one of the proposals is a three-part Summer Dinner Program in August and September. The goals are to strengthen our own organizing skills + relationships and to kick off a series of Fall listening sessions. That way we can learn where the most energy and urgent pressures are at this moment in time -- and be even stronger once we decide where to take action. We'll be able to discuss this proposal more in-depth at the evalaution.
Here's a preview of the Summer Dinner Program proposal:
VJS - "Vacation Justice School"
Session 1: Power and Relational Meetings
Tuesday, August 8, 7-8:30 pm
Session 2: Core Teams and Power Analysis
Tuesday, August 22, 7-8:30 pm
Session 3: Justice United Fall Assembly (30 min) + Listening Sessions (1 hr)
Tuesday, September 12, 7-8:30 pm
4) What's the agenda?
Evaluation + Next Steps Meeting Agenda
Thursday, June 15, 7-8:30 pm
Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church
1) Welcome + Opening Prayer - Rev. Tony Boss
2) Frame - Allison Mahaley
3) Campaign Evaluation - Rev. Robert Fruehwirth
4) “State of Justice United” Report - Julia Sendor
5) Justice United Evaluation - Rev. Dr. George Crews, III
6) Next Steps - Rev. Dr. Crews and Allison Mahaley
7) Clergy Gathering Invitation – Rev. Tony Boss
8) Closing Prayer - Rev. Alex Fischer
Do you like this page?