¡Sí se puede! Latinx leaders organized over 250 Justice United members in an action to win commitments from Alliance Health (the private company that controls Orange County’s public mental health funds) to invest in bilingual, culturally appropriate therapy to address the mental health crisis in Orange County’s Latinx community. At the Mental Health Public Assembly on Thursday, Nov. 17, 2022, Alliance Health committed to establish a public relationship to resolve the crisis, including investments in:
- A comprehensive mental health resource guide for the Orange County Latino community.
- Spanish-speaking and culturally responsive Community Health Workers to provide essential mental health interventions, including group sessions and workshops.
- Ensuring that Orange County’s proposed Crisis/Diversion Center hires bilingual and culturally responsive providers.
- Return to Orange County of El Futuro, the Triangle’s primary bilingual therapy provider.
- Recruitment and retention of bilingual therapists.
- Watch the Zoom livestream recording (in English) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzdf2s-DEEs
- View the Public Assembly photo album here
- Read The News & Observer's piece here
- Read the INDY Week's piece here
Do you like this page?