Justice United's Chapel Hill-based groups have a second opportunity to make good on a long-standing commitment to St. Paul AME's affordable housing project:
- At the Oct. 11 Chapel Hill Town Council meeting, show up in support of approving the Conditional Zoning Permit for St. Paul's affordable and mixed income housing development, St. Paul Village. Wear a white T-shirt and/or St. Paul Village 5k T-shirt.
- The project needs Town Council vote for a Conditional Zoning Permit in order to move forward.
- Follow-through: Justice United has been connected to long-term planning and support for St. Paul Village for over 10 years -- always with the understanding that if the time came for organizing to ensure the project's success, we'd be there. The time is now! Join us in rallying your congregation/organization to show up in support of next steps for St. Paul Village.
What: Justice United support for St. Paul Village, an affordable housing development integrated into a mixed-income, mixed-use development on 20 acres in Chapel Hill. Read the project info on the Town of Chapel Hill website here.
- 350 units total
- At least 88 units will be affordable housing
- 50 units dedicated to 55+ active adult community
- Wed., Sept. 13, 7 pm: Chapel Hill Town Council hearing on the St. Paul Village Conditional Zoning permit
- Wed, Oct. 11, 7 pm: Chapel Hill Town Council votes on the St. Paul Village Conditional Zoning permit
A strong showing of community commitment to the project is important, because with previous decisions related to St. Paul Village, the Town Council has not always voted in support -- which has slowed down the project. Let's show them the depth of community support for St. Paul Village!
Do you like this page?