Join other Justice United leaders and learn how to make change in your community!
Training Topic: Core Teams + Listening Sessions
Tuesday, September 19
6:30 pm optional dinner, training 7-8:45 pm
Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 1929 Piney Grove Church Rd, Hillsborough
- Integrate training 2 (Core Teams) and 3 (Listening Sessions). You'll learn both how to build/strengthen your organization's core team -- and how to work as a team to run listening sessions this fall.
- Host a "real-time" listening session with all training attendees. We'll break into small groups for you to share about what's most pressing to you and your community at this moment in time.
- Set a shared goal for the total number of members to engage during this Fall's Listening Session Campaign
WHAT WILL LEADERS LEARN?
- How to move beyond protest and petitions to organize people to bring about long-term systemic change.
- How to implement the nuts and bolts of organizing: relational meetings, power analysis, how to build/strengthen a core team in your institution, how to facilitate a listening session.
- How to take what you are experiencing and hearing in the community, and flex your organizing muscle to create change locally.
Do you like this page?